Sunday, August 4, 2013

romancing synth

I tried my hand at mixing some beats and synth on FL Studio, then added some vocals on the usual program (I use Sonar, though its been giving me a lot of shit lately) and this is what I got.  I realize that I have a long way to go in making decent electronic music, but hey, a girls got to start somewhere, right?  My question is, how do people use synths and actually make them sound cool?  I use synths and they sound like they should be accompanying some tacky car commercial from the 80's.  Anyway, fruity loops (oh ahem, right, the name was changed to something less flamboyant, which I by the way resent) is a great program.  Its a little pricey I suppose, but fairly easy to use, especially if you are a visual person.  The sound banks are incredible too.  Anyway, give it a listen :-)



3 comments:

  1. I like your voice! I think I'd like to hear it without the synth, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, thanks. Hey, a girls got to try a bit of everything, right? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I have good old Fruity Loops on my computer as well and like to play around with it. I definitely need more practice at this point!

    ReplyDelete